Back in 2009, I wrote two beginner tutorials both using PSP x2. I just downloaded the latest version being Paint Shop Pro X5 and thought I would see if I could write an updated version. I haven’t written this type of tutorial since then, so please be gentle.
Halloween Floral Background Tutorial for PSPx5
This is what I had as the *fine print* on the old tut. Is it old-fashioned now?
This tutorial is completely from my imagination. Your results can be used for personal or commercial use as long as something is created with it. You may not use it for monetary value as just a background. You may only give a text link to this tutorial when sharing it. You may not claim it as your own or include it in any collection. Groups: if you use this tutorial for your members to learn from, I would love to know and perhaps even show off the results here.
Tools I used: Paint Shop Po X5
1. Go to File and then Click New.
2. Next you need to choose your color.
3. Once you’ve clicked okay, you should see your 200 x 200 blank image again. Use the tool bar on your left to choose the Flood Fill option and then click inside the image to fill the square with your color.
4. On the menu bar at the top of the screen, go to Effects then Illumination to choose Sunburst. Use the settings as shown:
5. Go back to the Effects menu and under Reflection, choose the Kaleidoscope. Use the settings as shown:
6. The last step is to make it the square tilable. (It’s not a real word.) This is so it doesn’t show any strange lines when you use it to create a background in tag, email stationery or website. To do this, go back to the Effects menu and choose Seamless Tiling.
TA DA! The final result:
And here a large version so you can see the tiling effect (you can click on it to see it full size):
We did it! What did you think? Would you please show me your result?
xoxo ~ Melissa