Since I posted last week, I have been working on the resolutions aspect of the Happiness Project. The idea is not to pile all of your hopes for life improvement onto just one day of the year. Instead, break them into manageable bits and spread them out over a year’s time, with each new month bringing a new focus.
Most of mine have a tie into one of the commandments I wrote about. I have the main topic for each month covered but not the little baby steps to go along with each one. I have found myself struggling with a particular one…
Let me explain:
September’s Theme: All About Love
- Give proofs of love (like organizing home & money stuff)
- Don’t focus on the pats on the back
- Let go of the little stuff
- Give trust
So, September was easy for me. It is the month of my husband’s birthday, so I loved the idea of celebrating him all month long. Additionally, we already have family projects in the works, like the budget, that I know would make him really, really happy. I’ve listed a few other things that I’ll get into when that time comes around, but you get the idea of how the system works.
October’s Theme: Loving My Spirit
- Be open to my curiosity
- Read my entire spiritual TBR pile
- Suspend skepticism
- Create a daily practice of gratitude
November’s Theme: Passion for Words
- Participate in National Novel Writing Month
- Re-read my favorite writing books
- Blog every weekday
- Be more brave in my blog writing
December’s Theme: Playtime
- Get down on the floor with the kids and play
- Play more board games
- Be silly
- Get crafty
January’s Theme: Face My Flaws
- Focus on *Do It Now*
- Evaluate what is important for me to work on
- Learn to love lists again
February’s Theme: Be Brave – Be Me
- Put a funky streak of color in my hair
And this is where I came to a complete stop.
Oh, I have topics for all the rest of the months. The issue is I have no clue what should my baby steps should be to becoming more authentic. How do I be more Melissa? I might have to leave this one blank for a while and allow life to show me what will be in store.
I’ll finish up the next of the resolutions next week and share how the official start date goes.
xoxo ~ Melissa