This is my first time participating in a blog hop (or is it called a blog carnival?). My Matching With Friends (a Zygna game) partner Trisha of Mom Dot had a fun idea. Take a photograph of five things people would know about you if they had the opportunity to walk through your home and blog about it. So here are mine:
1. The first thing you would notice would be our shoe basket, which grew into two baskets and is in desperate need of a clean out or another basket. We don’t wear shoes in the apartment and also ask our guests to deposit their shoes here when they walk in.
2. You can tell that I’m married to an electrician. Just like the shoe cobbler’s children were left barefoot, we are always the last client on the list to get work done. A bulb here, a fan there … ahhh, if there is a plumbing or handyman issue though, he is on it like wildfire. *smiles*
3. You might notice that I like to make the chore lists and reminders fun and colorful for the kids. Bright and large sticky notes adorn the walls everywhere, with the main chore list on my closet door. They get to pick what they would like to tackle which helps to allow them some control over the things they really don’t want to be doing at all. Now, if Mommy would only remember to create assignment times, this tip would really work!
4. As you look out our windows, you can see that we live on the edge of the Everglades. Yes, through the trees is Florida’s River of Grass. This would be cool except I’m a mountain loving girl with a passion for hills. The best part of being in the Glades is during the summer, you watch the storms roll in and the lightening dances across the water. It is a wonderful show performed by Mother Nature, herself.
5. This list wouldn’t be complete without sharing about my books. Around half are in storage, but I have piles tucked into nooks and crannies all over the apartment. The photo collage above shows some of what I keep here with me at home. My love of books knows no bounds (and includes a ton of magazines). There are more on the many shelves in the kids’ room and packed into my closet. About half of what I have shown in the photo is my TBR (to be read) piles.
So that covers it… all the things you didn’t realize that you wanted (or not) to know about me. If you have done your own post, please let me know in the comments so I can visit your page. If you would like to read some other posts like this, visit the blog hop page here: 5 Things You Would Learn About Me …
xoxo ~ Melissa